I’m pretty lucky that, even though my mom has passed, I have some incredible memories of us together.
Many of those take place in the kitchen. Holiday cooking, decorating birthday cakes, dying Easter eggs, and many others. But aside from the “special” occasions there are some recipes we ate so often in our household growing up that I don’t even need to write them down.
But I will, right now, for you.
This was my mom’s “Classy Chicken.” Recipe.
It’s basically a healthy chicken parm.
It takes about 30 minutes to make, uses 3 ingredients, and can be paired with a salad, pasta, or brown rice. Basically, it’s the best.
What you’ll need:
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Jar Marinara (red) sauce
- 1C low-fat mozzarella cheese
- + Salt & Pepper
What you’ll do:
- Heat your oven to 375*
- As that heats, line a tray with tin foil or parchment paper for easy clean up, then lay your chicken breasts on the tray.
- Sprinkle your salt and pepper on the chicken,
I’m usually light on the salt and heavy on the pepper. But you do you. Once seasoned, pour 3/4 of the jar of sauce over the chicken making sure each piece is fully covered. Pop the tray of chicken in the oven for 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven). When check the chicken, poke it with a fork and look for clear juices.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the cooked chicken, add the cup of cheese and pop it back in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Pull it out and let it cool for a few minutes as you plate your salad and/or sides.
Eat, enjoy, impress your friends! And that’s my mom’s “Classy Chicken” recipe.